Guest Blogger Submission Guidelines & Agreement
Thank you for your interest in writing for Home With My Kings (HWMK).
We love our audience of motivated moms and enjoy providing them with personal, real and relevant content with a bit of humor mixed in. They are passionate about making their family life better in the areas of homeschooling, curriculum, organization, marriage, faith, parenting and health.
If you have a talent for writing and in-depth knowledge of any of our topic areas we would love to consider your content for submission.
First things first
- Have you written elsewhere before? Great! Send us a link of your work.
- Send us a quickie outline of your proposed blog post.
- Once you’ve gotten the OK, get writing using the following style elements.
Guest Blog Post Submissions Should Follow These Guidelines:
- Original, previously unpublished content only.
- Content must cover the topic in depth or offer some unique perspective.
- Free of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
- Relevant links inside your content are acceptable, but are subject to editorial removal.
- Do not use your own affiliated links in the guest post.
- Include a one to two sentence author bio with a headshot. You can link to your website, offer or social media.
- Create evergreen content (blog posts that remain relevant).
- Once a submission is published you can include a short excerpt on your own blog with a link back to the original full article on HWMK.
- Posts will acknowledge your authorship, but will remain the property of HWMK.
- Once the post has been submitted to HWMK you may not publish it anywhere online, in part or in whole, including on your own website or blog.
- We do not pay for submissions. If you decide to submit a post to our site, you do so with the knowledge that you shall not be entitled to any compensation for writing the post or for any other compensation related to the post.
- HWMK reserves the right to edit your submission.
- Guest writers should also be prepared to engage readers and connect via the comments on their published blog post. Promote your HWMK post as widely as possible across social media platforms once published.
- A minimum of 650 words.
- Online audiences like to skim content. Therefore, provide an introduction, focus on one main topic (body) with no more than 3 sub-headings, then close your post.
- Use bulleted lists.
- We like to inject an air of humor when we can. Go ahead, be funny.
- Use bolded and/or italicized text for visual clarity.
- Highlight a few key words throughout your blog post for easy scanning.
- Use, as much as possible, simple everyday grammar that would appeal to a wide audience. Again, online audiences read content differently than print audiences.
- Engage our reader, ask a question at the end of the post. (e.g. “what are your family’s favorite holiday traditions?”.
- Relevant images are accepted and encouraged
- Image dimensions 800px by 800px.
- Suggested image sites. Flickr, Pixabay, Canva, etc.
- The Guest Post writer must be the copyright holder of the image/video OR the image/video must be licensed under an appropriate Creative Commons license or in the public domain. Submit proof along with any image/video showing that it does not infringe on copyright laws.
- Include all images as separate attachments
By submitting a Guest Post to HWMK you agree that you have read and understood this agreement and to be bound by it
Please email your Guest Post to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will review it, suggest any changes if needed, and schedule it to publish.
Chief Content Curator – Home With My Kings