Every year there is high anticipation for the Christmas and New Year holiday seasons. And alas, each time, without disappointment, the holidays come and then they go. Swiftly. Very rarely does the season (or anytime for that matter) go exactly as planned. Here’s how our holidays shaped up. Our 2015 Winter Holiday Recap.
Our holidays were typical. There was a lot that I was able to complete on my to-do list and then other tasks I had to adjust my expectations. I got most of our business paper work done, yay me!! And I was able to check off a few more minuscule items. However, being sick on Christmas Eve was NOT one of the things I had planned (bummer). After contracting that bad winter’s cold, I found myself, reluctantly, at the urgent care on – of all days – Christmas Eve! God’s grace was sufficient, so I was thankful I was still able to keep down a little Christmas dinner.
- Helped take care of my hubby after his hand surgery. (Thanks for the prayers)
- Completed business paperwork for the year (phew!)
- Made not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 separate batches of sorrel! (What’s sorrel?)
- Baked Jamaican Christmas fruit cake with my mom
- Sorted and filed our 2015 homeschool portfolio documents
- Celebrated my hubby’s birthday! Happy 49th!
- Finally. I found my old recipe binder and gave it a new home
- Worked on a new budget system for expenses. Here’s the app I used. Love it!
- Made lots of hot chocolate
- Did our yearly Festival of Lights drive-by
- Dealt with all the kids being sick with a cold, back to back….then I, of course, got it too!
- Enjoyed family Christmas dinner
- Played in the snow (well, they played, I watched from inside the house! Lol)…I’m a tropics girl, remember?
Our Recap in Slideshow format
Well, that’s our Winter Recap! The holidays are behind us now and we’re looking forward to the splendors of Spring. We’ve already done a few of the activities on our Spring Bucket List too. 🙂
In the mood for some more of our fun slideshows?
What were the highlights of your winter holidays?